Now offering back to school immunizations – call Nurse Kristie for appointment 203-881-3255 x 107. Adolescent & adult (12+) and pediatric (5-11) COVID-19 vaccines available by appointment. Call 203-881-3255 x 108 or visit VAMS.CDC.gov. Check our calendar under the News & Events tab for more!
Child and Adult Vaccines
The NVHD offers low-cost immunizations for children and adults. Immunizations available include: MMR, Varicella, Meningococcal, Tdap, Polio, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Td, HPV, Influenza, and COVID-19.
Connecticut Vaccine Program (CVP)
NVHD participates in the Connecticut Vaccine Program (CVP) which offers vaccines at no cost for eligible children through the age of 19. The CVP is CT’s childhood vaccination program that ensures all children in the state get the vaccinations they need, when they need them. The program allows for families who are on Husky or don’t have insurance to get vaccines for free or at a low cost. For more information about this program, click here.
CVP also offers the Tdap vaccine for $20 to adults of newborns or caregivers of newborns including grandparents.
Appointments are required; please call 203-881-3255 and ask for our nurse.
It’s never too late to get vaccinated! Click the links below to find vaccine schedules for all ages.
- Immunization Requirements for Enrolled Students in Connecticut Schools 2022-2023 School Year
- Recommended Child (0-18 years) Immunization Schedule – 2022
- Recommended Adult Immunization Schedule – 2022
Connecticut Immunization Action Plan (IAP) Program
The CT IAP is a statewide program funded by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) whose purpose is to raise immunization rates of infants through pre-school children. There are currently 9 IAP sites in CT, one of which is at NVHD. NVHD has an Immunization Action Plan (IAP) Coordinator who ensures the IAP objectives are met for residents and providers in Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Derby, Naugatuck, Seymour, Shelton, Stratford, Monroe, Trumbull & Oxford:
- Conducting outreach and tracking using our statewide immunization registry, CT WIZ. CT WIZ is a web-based database that maintains complete, accurate, and secure immunization records of all CT children.
- Educating the public about the importance of vaccination.
- Conducting assessment in pediatric practices to improve vaccine delivery.
For more information about the IAP program, click here.
Click here for a current list of Immunization Action Plan Coordinators, Outreach Contacts and Area IAP Map.
COVID-19 Immunization Action Plan (CAP) Program
CAP objectives are to increase COVID-19 immunization coverage among children and adults by:
- Conducting outreach in the community and using our statewide immunization information system (IIS) known as “CT WiZ” to ensure recipients receive the complete vaccination series.
- Educating the public about the importance of vaccination and addressing vaccine hesitancy.
- Implementing social media and other messaging campaigns to dispel myths and address misinformation around the COVID-19 vaccines.
Click here for a current list of COVID-19 Immunization Action Plan Contacts and area CAP Map.
Seasonal Flu Vaccines
NVHD offers flu vaccinations to those 3 years and older throughout the fall and winter months. We offer the quadrivalent vaccine (ages 3 and up) and the high dose vaccine (ages 65 and older). Clinics are held at various locations throughout the community, such as, senior centers, local businesses and at NVHD by appointment. Call Nurse Kristie to schedule an appointment: 203-881-3255 x 107.
The following insurances are accepted with no copay:
- Medicare Part B
Cost with no insurance:
- $35 – Quadrivalent Vaccine (ages 3 and up)
- $70 – High Dose Vaccine (ages 65 and older)
- FREE for eligible children through the VFC program
Click here to download the Flu Vaccine Consent Form and bring it with you to a clinic along with your insurance card. All children attending under the age of 18 must complete the Patient Eligibility Screening Form.
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics
To make an appointment, please visit VAMS.CDC.gov or call 203-881-3255 x 108.
EMS Services at NVHD’s Seymour Clinics are provided by the Seymour Ambulance Association.
Homebound Vaccine Program
In April 2021, NVHD launched our Homebound Vaccination Program in partnership with our local EMS agencies.
NVHD is unable to schedule vaccine appointments by phone. If you are physically or medically unable to leave your home to get the COVID-19 shot, please fill out this form (https://dphsubmissions.ct.gov/homebound). Your information will be provided to NVHD by the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health and no one else. Please be patient, information is shared with towns typically once a week on Mondays but may be more infrequent. Please do not fill out this form if you have another way to get the COVID-19 shot.
If you only need a ride to get a COVID-19 shot, you should not complete this form. You should click on this Transportation Resources link for help finding a ride.
For frequently asked questions, please visit: COVID-19 Vaccinations-FAQs (ct.gov).