We would like your feedback by completing a short survey by clicking here! For upcoming events, including free trainings and our clinic schedule, please click here. NVHD will now be administering pediatric booster appointments during our clinic hours, by appointment only. Call 203-881-3255 x 108 for pediatric appointments.
To report a local public health emergency or a Category I disease, call your local response personnel by dialing 911
Reportable Diseases, Emergency Illnesses and Health Conditions, and Reportable Laboratory Findings (Revised January 2021)
- Effective February 5, 2020: “2019 Novel Coronavirus” was added to the Reportable Diseases, Emergency Illnesses and Health Conditions, and Reportable Laboratory Findings list
Official Correspondence should be directed to:
Naugatuck Valley Health District
98 Bank Street
Seymour, CT 06483
Main Phone Number: 203-881-3255
Main Fax Number: 203-881-3259
Community Health Services Fax: 203-881-3261
Waterbury WIC Seymour Satellite Office: 203-888-1271
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8:30AM – 4:00PM
- NVHD Observed Holidays 2021-2022
- In the event of inclement weather, NVHD will post closures on the homepage of this website, www.nvhd.org, and on its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. If there is inclement weather, we recommend calling ahead.
From Interstate 84 Heading West and Route 8 Heading South
- On Interstate 84 heading West, take Exit 19 in Waterbury for Route 8 South (left-hand exit)
- Take Exit 22 off Route 8 South (Bank Street/Route 67 Exit)
- Bear Right off the Ramp and onto Route 67 West
- Follow signs to stay on Route 67 West (becomes Bank Street)
- Go under the railroad trestle
- Bear Right to go across the bridge
- After the bridge continue through the first stop light
- Quick turn Right into NVHD driveway immediately after Subway
From Route 8 Heading North
- Take Exit 21 off of Route 8 North
- Straight off exit following to Route 67 signs
- Continue to second set of lights and take a Left turn onto Bank Street (Route 67)
- Take Quick Right into parking lot (immediately after Subway)
Parking & Entrances
Parking is alongside the building as you enter the driveway and in the upper parking lot located in the back of the building.
Entrance for the Environmental Health Division and the First Floor Conference Room is on the lower left-hand side of the driveway entrance.
Entrance for the Community Health Division (Clinic, WIC, etc.), Second Floor (Matthies) Conference Room, and Administration is in the back of the building.
Google Maps (Custom Driving Directions).
Please be advised that all formal complaints must be made in person at our office or by calling 203-881-3255. Complaints made via email or submission below will not be accepted.