WE ARE HIRING ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS! Apply today for the positions of per diem sanitarians, full-time sanitarians, and a housing code enforcement officer/sanitarian! Click here for details.
To report a local public health emergency, call your local response personnel by dialing 9-1-1.
Official correspondence to the health district or its Board of Directors shall be directed to:
Naugatuck Valley Health District
98 Bank Street
Seymour, CT 06483
Main Phone Number: 203-881-3255
Main Fax Number: 203-881-3259
Community Health Services Fax: 203-881-3261
Waterbury WIC Seymour Satellite Office: 203-888-1271
Category 1 Diseases: Report any Category 1 Diseases to the CT Department of Public Health immediately by telephone at 860-509-7994 on the day of recognition or strong suspicion of disease. For public health emergencies on evenings, weekends, and holidays call 860-509-8000. These diseases must also be reported by mail within 12 hours. Mailed reports must be sent in envelopes marked “CONFIDENTIAL.”
- Reportable Diseases May 2023
- Effective May 11, 2023: End of federal public health emergency for COVID-19 – Changes to the List of Reportable Diseases, Emergency Illnesses and Health Conditions and the List of Reportable Laboratory Findings
- Effective February 5, 2020: “2019 Novel Coronavirus” was added to the Reportable Diseases, Emergency Illnesses and Health Conditions, and Reportable Laboratory Findings list
To file a complaint with the Naugatuck Valley Health District, please call 203-881-3255 x 100. Please be advised that all formal complaints and applications must be made in person at our office or by calling 203-881-3255. Submissions made via email, social media, or contact us submission on website will not be accepted.
Complaints Regarding Patient Care in a Licensed Healthcare Facility:
Anyone with knowledge or concerns about the care of a patient/resident in a licensed healthcare facility may file a complaint with their State Survey Agency. Facility Licensing and Investigation Section (FLIS) is the agency that has regulatory oversight for all the licensed healthcare entities in the state.
You may click this link FLIS Complaint Submission to file a complaint with the State of Connecticut if you are concerned about the health care, treatment, or services that you or another person received or did not receive in the facility. Some reasons for filing a complaint would include abuse, neglect, poor care, not enough staff, unsafe or unsanitary conditions, dietary problems, or mistreatment.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday 8:00AM – 4:00PM
- NVHD Observed Holidays 2022-2023
- In the event of inclement weather, NVHD will post closures on the homepage of this website, www.nvhd.org, and on its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. If there is inclement weather, we recommend calling ahead.
From Interstate 84 Heading West and Route 8 Heading South
- On Interstate 84 heading West, take Exit 19 in Waterbury for Route 8 South (left-hand exit)
- Take Exit 22 off Route 8 South (Bank Street/Route 67 Exit)
- Bear Right off the Ramp and onto Route 67 West
- Follow signs to stay on Route 67 West (becomes Bank Street)
- Go under the railroad trestle
- Bear Right to go across the bridge
- After the bridge continue through the first stop light
- Quick turn Right into NVHD driveway immediately after Subway
From Route 8 Heading North
- Take Exit 21 off of Route 8 North
- Straight off exit following to Route 67 signs
- Continue to second set of lights and take a Left turn onto Bank Street (Route 67)
- Take Quick Right into parking lot (immediately after Subway)
Parking & Entrances
Parking is alongside the building as you enter the driveway and in the upper parking lot located in the back of the building.
- Entrance for the Environmental Health Division and the First Floor Conference Room is on the lower left-hand side of the driveway entrance.
- Entrance for the Community Health Division (Clinic, WIC, etc.), Second Floor (Matthies) Conference Room, and Administration is in the back of the building.
Google Maps (Custom Driving Directions).
Please be advised that all formal complaints and applications must be made in person at our office or by calling 203-881-3255. Complaints made via email or submission below will not be accepted.