Check our calendar under the News & Events tab for clinics, education programs, and more! Click here to schedule a COVID-19 booster vaccination appointment.
Free Test Kits Available at NVHD
NVHD has COVID-19 home test kits available for residents of Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Derby, Naugatuck, Seymour and Shelton.
The test kits are available for pick up at our office located at 98 Bank Street, Seymour, CT 06483 during business hours, Monday-Thursday 8am-4pm and Fridays 8am-1pm (Friday 12/16 NVHD will be closing at 11:45am).
We suggest calling ahead to reserve a kit for pick up at 203-881-3255 x 118.
What happens if you test positive?
We ask that residents voluntarily report their positive home test kit results by using this secure reporting portal:
Follow the CDC guidance (which can be reviewed online at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html).
If you test positive for COVID-19, stay home for at least 5 days and isolate from others in your home.
You are likely most infectious during these first 5 days.
When you have COVID-19, isolation is counted in days, as follows:
If you had no symptoms:
– Day 0 is the day you were tested (not the day you received your positive test result)
– Day 1 is the first full day following the day you were tested
– If you develop symptoms within 10 days of when you were tested, the clock restarts at day 0 on the day of symptom onset
If you had symptoms:
– Day 0 of isolation is the day of symptom onset, regardless of when you tested positive
– Day 1 is the first full day after the day your symptoms started
You should also isolate if you are sick and suspect that you have COVID-19 but do not yet have test results.
NVHD is also offering COVID-19 vaccines on Thursday, December 15th from 1:30pm-3:30pm.
Schedule an appointment online at bit.ly/ValleyVaccine.