Now offering back to school immunizations – call Nurse Kristie for appointment 203-881-3255 x 107. Adolescent & adult (12+) and pediatric (5-11) COVID-19 vaccines available by appointment. Call 203-881-3255 x 108 or visit VAMS.CDC.gov. Check our calendar under the News & Events tab for more!
Now Hiring: Housing Code Enforcement Officer/Sanitarian
The nationally accredited Naugatuck Valley Health District is seeking a full-time Housing Code Enforcement Officer/Sanitarian to conduct a variety of duties associated with the enforcement of the Public Health Code and local codes in the six towns of Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Derby, Naugatuck, Seymour, and Shelton. The Housing Code Enforcement Officer/Sanitarian is responsible for investigating, inspecting, and facilitating enforcement of local and state housing matters, sanitation laws and regulations relating to public and environmental health within member towns of the Naugatuck Valley Health District for which it is responsible.
Work involves responsibility for achieving and maintaining environmentally safe conditions through the enforcement of the Public Health Code, Connecticut General Statutes, and appropriate local codes. The position also has the responsibility for making difficult health and safety decisions. The work requires that the employee understands the laws, rules and regulations governing the enforcement of housing codes and other environmental health codes for which (s)he is responsible. The position reports to the Assistant Director of Environmental Health Services with oversight from the Director of Health.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university with major course work in public or environmental health, the physical, chemical, or biological sciences, sanitary or environmental engineering, plus two years of experience in public or environmental health.
- Possession of a current Connecticut Motor Vehicle Operator’s License with access to a motor vehicle and current motor vehicle insurance coverage is required.
- Testing for substance abuse, a physical examination, and a criminal background check may be required as part of the employment procedures.
- Certification as a Lead Inspector by the State of Connecticut.
- Certification in Food Service Inspection by the State of Connecticut.
- Certification in Subsurface Sewage Inspection Phase I by the State of Connecticut.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Possession of a current CT Motor Vehicle Operator’s License with access to a motor vehicle and current motor vehicle insurance coverage is
- Testing for substance abuse, a physical examination, and a criminal background check may be required as part of the employee
This 35-hour per week position has comprehensive benefits and a competitive salary commensurate with experience and education.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Lisa McEachern, Naugatuck Valley Health District, 98 Bank Street, Seymour, CT 06483 or email as an attachment to email@example.com. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified.