WE ARE HIRING ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS! Apply today for the positions of per diem sanitarians, full-time sanitarians, and a housing code enforcement officer/sanitarian! Click here for details.
F/T Health Educator
The Naugatuck Valley Health District (NVHD) is currently seeking to hire a full-time Health Educator. The Naugatuck Valley Health District is the local health department for the municipalities of Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Derby, Naugatuck, Seymour and Shelton, and serves a population of approximately 126,312. The position will encompass a range of local public health activities in the areas of community health, disease prevention and control. This position reports to the Assistant Director for Community Health.
This is a professional public health position with responsibility in assisting the development and implementation of public health education activities within the Valley. The work involves a wide array of preventative health and health promotion activities aimed at improving the health and well-being of all residents, by encouraging individuals and communities to adopt healthy behaviors, policies, and environments.
Examples of Essential Duties:
- Plans and coordinates community outreach, public health education and prevention programs.
- Prepares and disseminates educational material to the staff and the general public.
- Administers grant funded public health initiatives.
- Utilizes the Lead Surveillance System for the collection, analysis and reporting of lead prevention and control. Conducts epidemiological investigations to determine source of lead exposure and coordinates with environmental health inspectors on actions to be taken.
- Assists in helping the Assistant Director to promote, organize and guide existing programs and help plan and develop new health programs.
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends for community health education outreach, fairs and community meetings.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have a Bachelor of Science in Public Health or related field; RN licensure and/or equivalent amount of related experience and training may be substituted
- Experience in community public health settings, grant writing, excellent verbal and writing communication skills preferred
- Must have a valid Connecticut driver’s license
This position has a competitive salary level commensurate with education and experience. This is a full-time position (35 hours per week) and is eligible for the benefits of a full-time employee consistent with the Personnel Policies of the Naugatuck Valley Health District.
To apply, submit a confidential cover letter and resume to Lisa McEachern, Naugatuck Valley Health District, 98 Bank Street, Seymour, CT 06483 or email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 12:00PM on Friday, August 21, 2020. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified.