Check our calendar under the News & Events tab for clinics and more!
P/T Weekend Contact Tracer
P/T Contact Tracer – Weekend
Naugatuck Valley Health District is seeking a part-time, grant-funded Contact Tracer that will work remotely on Saturdays and Sundays (totaling 14 hours per weekend). This position reports to the Lead Contact Tracer under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Community Health Services and the Director of Health.
Employment will end when the Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity (ELC) Cooperative Agreement ends on November 17, 2022. Continued employment beyond this date is contingent upon the availability of grant funding.
- Our ideal candidate will communicate in a professional manner with state and local health departments, public officials, and the general public employing dynamic communication and interpersonal skills, cultural competency/sensitivity, tactful language, and empathetic interviewing skills to build rapport and maintain trust.
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced, heavy workload environment and demonstrate excellent public service skills.
- Ability to interact in a non-judgmental manner with culturally diverse populations and persons experiencing a wide range of social conditions. Ability to use discretion, maintain confidentiality, and ethical conduct.
- Ability to read and write English required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) desirable.
- Knowledge of the cause, transmission, and prevention of COVID-19.
- Utilize the ContaCT system to conduct prompt case investigation and contact tracing for COVID-19 cases and contacts identified and reported to the Naugatuck Valley Health District on weekend days for its member municipalities: Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Derby, Naugatuck, Seymour & Shelton, as assigned by the Lead Contact Tracer. Follow-up by phone with those who are not utilizing the text or email method, and mail NVHD template letter if no phone number available.
- Verify case/contact identity during initial communications and prior to disclosing confidential information in a manner that maintains the confidentiality of private health information.
- Provide COVID-19 health information and guidance on isolation/quarantine procedures and what to do if symptoms develop.
- Connect individuals in quarantine and/or isolation with the Community Resource Coordinator if needs are identified during the interview process. Track the # of families/individuals served by Community Resource Coordinator referrals made by type of referrals made.
- Promote COVID-19 testing at clinics arranged/hosted by NVHD.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and ensure that all data and information is collected in concordance with data privacy and confidentiality standards.
- Submit a weekend report to the Lead Contact Tracer at the end of Sunday shift so to de-brief any incidents over the weekend.
This is a part-time position (14 hours per week) paid at $25/hour. Hours will be flexible and performed on Saturday and Sundays, remotely.
To apply, submit a confidential cover letter and resume to Lisa McEachern, Naugatuck Valley Health District, 98 Bank Street, Seymour, CT 06483 or email as an attachment to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 12:00PM on Monday, November 16, 2020. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified.