Position Filled: Sanitarian II
The nationally accredited Naugatuck Valley Health District is seeking a full-time Sanitarian to conduct a wide variety of duties associated with the enforcement of the Public Health Code and local codes in the six towns of Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Derby, Naugatuck, Seymour, and Shelton. Environmental Health Services encompass, but are not limited to, food service, lead, wells, cosmetology, septic systems, housing, public pools, nuisance complaints, and day care centers. The position reports to the Assistant Director of Environmental Health Services.
- Certification in Food Service Inspection by the State of Connecticut.
- Certification in Subsurface Sewage Inspection Phase I by the State of Connecticut.
- Certification as a Lead Inspector by the State of Connecticut.
- Must be certified as a Registered Sanitarian by the State of Connecticut or possess other equivalent certification acceptable to the Director of Health.
- Maintenance of the above certifications shall be a requirement for the employee to remain in this classification
- Certification in Subsurface Sewage Inspection Phase II by the State of Connecticut.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Possession of a current CT Motor Vehicle Operator’s License with access to a motor vehicle and current motor vehicle insurance coverage is required.
- Testing for substance abuse, a physical examination, and a criminal background check may be required as part of the employee procedures.
This 35-hour per week position has comprehensive benefits and a competitive salary commensurate with experience and education.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Lisa McEachern, Naugatuck Valley Health District, 98 Bank Street, Seymour, CT 06483 or email as an attachment to email@example.com. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified.