Child and Adult Vaccines
The NVHD offers low-cost immunizations for children and adults. Immunizations available include: MMR, Varicella, Meningococcal, Tdap, Polio, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Td, HPV and Influenza.
Connecticut Vaccine Program (CVP)
NVHD participates in the Connecticut Vaccine Program (CVP) which offers vaccines at no cost for eligible children through the age of 19. The CVP is CT’s childhood vaccination program that ensures all children in the state get the vaccinations they need, when they need them. The program allows for families who are on Husky or don’t have insurance to get vaccines for free or at a low cost. For more information about this program, click here.
CVP also offers the Tdap vaccine for $20 to adults of newborns or caregivers of newborns including grandparents.
Appointments are required; please call 203-881-3255 and ask for our nurse.
It’s never too late to get vaccinated! Click the links below to find vaccine schedules for all ages.
Connecticut Immunization Action Plan (IAP) Program
The CT IAP is a statewide program funded by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) whose purpose is to raise immunization rates of infants through pre-school children. There are currently 9 IAP sites in CT, one of which is at NVHD. NVHD has an Immunization Coordinator who ensures the IAP objectives are met:
- Conducting outreach and tracking using our statewide immunization registry, CT WIZ. CT WIZ is a web-based database that maintains complete, accurate, and secure immunization records of all CT children.
- Educating the public about the importance of vaccination.
- Conducting assessment in pediatric practices to improve vaccine delivery.
For more information about the IAP program, click here.
Seasonal Flu Vaccines
The NVHD offers flu vaccinations to those 3 years and older throughout the fall and winter months. We offer the quadrivalent vaccine (ages 3 and up) and the high dose vaccine (ages 65 and older). Clinics are held at various locations throughout the community, such as, senior centers, local businesses and at NVHD by appointment.
2019-2020 Flu Vaccine Fee Schedule:
- $35 – Quadrivalent Vaccine (ages 3 and up)
- $65 – High Dose Vaccine (ages 65 and older)
- FREE for eligible children through the VFC program
The following insurances are accepted with no copay;
- Medicare Part B