To report a local public health emergency, call your local response personnel by dialing 9-1-1.
Official correspondence to the health district or its Board of Directors shall be directed to:
Naugatuck Valley Health District
98 Bank Street
Seymour, CT 06483
Waterbury WIC Seymour Satellite Office: 203-888-1271
Category 1 Diseases: Report any Category 1 Diseases to the CT Department of Public Health immediately by telephone at 860-509-7994 on the day of recognition or strong suspicion of disease. For public health emergencies on evenings, weekends, and holidays call 860-509-8000. These diseases must also be reported by mail within 12 hours. Mailed reports must be sent in envelopes marked “CONFIDENTIAL.”
To file a complaint with the Naugatuck Valley Health District, please call 203-881-3255 x 100.
Complaints Regarding Patient Care in a Licensed Healthcare Facility:
Anyone with knowledge or concerns about the care of a patient/resident in a licensed healthcare facility may file a complaint with their State Survey Agency. Facility Licensing and Investigation Section (FLIS) is the agency that has regulatory oversight for all the licensed healthcare entities in the state.
You may click this link FLIS Complaint Submission to file a complaint with the State of Connecticut if you are concerned about the health care, treatment, or services that you or another person received or did not receive in the facility. Some reasons for filing a complaint would include abuse, neglect, poor care, not enough staff, unsafe or unsanitary conditions, dietary problems, or mistreatment.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8:30AM – 4:00PM
*Effective Monday, June 27, 2022, NVHD’s Hours of Operation will be:
Monday – Thursday 8:00AMFriday 8:00AM – 1:00PM
From Interstate 84 Heading West and Route 8 Heading South
- On Interstate 84 heading West, take Exit 19 in Waterbury for Route 8 South (left-hand exit)
- Take Exit 22 off Route 8 South (Bank Street/Route 67 Exit)
- Bear Right off the Ramp and onto Route 67 West
- Follow signs to stay on Route 67 West (becomes Bank Street)
- Go under the railroad trestle
- Bear Right to go across the bridge
- After the bridge continue through the first stop light
- Quick turn Right into NVHD driveway immediately after Subway
From Route 8 Heading North
- Take Exit 21 off of Route 8 North
- Straight off exit following to Route 67 signs
- Continue to second set of lights and take a Left turn onto Bank Street (Route 67)
- Take Quick Right into parking lot (immediately after Subway)
Parking & Entrances
Parking is alongside the building as you enter the driveway and in the upper parking lot located in the back of the building.
- Entrance for the Environmental Health Division and the First Floor Conference Room is on the lower left-hand side of the driveway entrance.
- Entrance for the Community Health Division (Clinic, WIC, etc.), Second Floor (Matthies) Conference Room, and Administration is in the back of the building.
Google Maps (Custom Driving Directions).