Saturday, May 18, 2013 | Contact Us
The Naugatuck Valley Health District (NVHD) is the official public health entity for its participating communities. We are committed to improving the quality of life for all we serve through the promotion of health, prevention of disease and by assuring a safe and clean environment.
To report a local public health emergency, call your local response personnel by dialing 911
Except for WIC and NauVEL, NVHD answers all your calls at one main number (203) 881-3255. Please ask the operator for the department and/or person you wish to reach. Every department will direct your calls to the appropriate person. Our fax number is (203) 881-3259.
WIC can be reached directly at (203) 888-1271 and NauVEL can be reached directly at (203) 828-9925.
Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. till 4:00 p.m.
We are located at 98 Bank Street, Seymour, CT 06483
In the event of inclement weather, NVHD will follow closures for Seymour Town Hall (revert to Ansonia Town Hall on Friday’s) for the safety and well being of our clients and staff and so the building and parking areas can be maintained properly.
From Interstate 84 Heading West and Route 8 Heading South
- On Interstate 84 heading West, take Exit 19 in Waterbury for Route 8 South (left-hand exit)
- Take Exit 22 off Route 8 South (Bank Street/Route 67 Exit)
- Bear Right off the Ramp and onto Route 67 West
- Follow signs to stay on Route 67 West (becomes Bank Street)
- Go under the railroad trestle
- Bear Right to go across the bridge
- After the bridge continue through the first stop light
- Quick turn Right into NVHD driveway immediately after Subway
From Route 8 Heading North
- Take Exit 21 off of Route 8 North
- Straight off exit following to Route 67 signs
- Continue to second set of lights and take a Left turn onto Bank Street (Route 67)
- Take Quick Right into parking lot (immediately after Subway)
Parking & Entrances
Parking is alongside the building as you enter the driveway and in the upper parking lot located in the back of the building.
Entrance for the Environmental Health Division and the First Floor Conference Room is on the lower left-hand side of the driveway entrance.
Entrance for the Community Health Division (Clinics, Healthy Start, WIC, etc), Second Floor Conference Room, and Administration is in the back of the building.
Google Maps (Custom Driving Directions)