Check our calendar under the News & Events tab for clinics and more!
Code of Conduct
Section A. DECLARATION OF POLICY
Members of the Board of Directors, (the “Board”) officers, employees and agents of the Naugatuck Valley Health District (the “District”) shall demonstrate the highest standards of ethical conduct so that the public may have trust and confidence in the integrity of the governmental functions of the District. As agents of the public, they shall hold their offices or positions for the benefit of the public and shall recognize that the public interest is their primary concern by faithfully and ethically discharging the duties of their offices or positions regardless of personal considerations.
Section B. PROHIBITION AGAINST ILLEGAL, DISHONEST OR UNETHICAL CONDUCT
All Board Members, officers, employees and agents of the District shall comply with all applicable Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations in conducting the business of the District and shall refrain from any illegal, dishonest or unethical conduct.
Section C. CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Members of the Board of Directors, officers, employees and agents of the District are prohibited from:
- Being financially interested, or having any personal beneficial interest, either directly or indirectly, in any contract or purchase order for any supplies, materials, equipment or contractual services furnished to or used by the District;
- Accepting or receiving, directly or indirectly, from any person, firm, corporation or any entity to which any contract or purchase order may be awarded by the District, by rebate, gift or otherwise, any money or anything of value whatsoever, or any promise, obligation or contract for future reward or compensation; and
- Otherwise accepting any gifts, money, promises or gratuities from any person, firm, corporation or entity seeking to receive, receiving or having received benefits or services from the District.
Section D. DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
In matters involving a conflict of interest, a Board Member, officer, employee or agent of the District must disclose any known significant reasons why a transaction may not be in the best interests of the District, and a Board Member shall not participate in discussion of such matter unless requested by the Board nor vote on any such transaction or matter.
Section E. COMPLIANCE STATEMENT
All Board Members, Officers, Employees and Agents of the District shall sign the following statement:
I have read and I am fully familiar with the District’s Code of Conduct. I am not
presently involved in any transaction, investment or other matter in which I would profit or gain directly or indirectly as a result of my membership on the District’s Board of Directors or as an Officer, Employee or Agent of the District, except as may be disclosed below, and I agree to disclose any such interest which may occur in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
Section F. VIOLATIONS
- Violations of the Code of Conduct by employees shall constitute grounds for disciplinary action, including, but not limited to, termination of employment.
- Violations by Board Members and Board Officers who are not employees of the District shall constitute grounds for the Board to censure such Member and to refer the Member to the appointing authority of the municipality which appointed the Member to the Board for appropriate action pursuant to such municipality’s ordinances and code of ethics, as applicable.
- Violations by any agent of the Board who is not a Board member, officer or employee (such as a consultant) shall constitute grounds for the Board to terminate the District’s relationship with such agent and to pursue all remedies available to the Board according to law against the Agent.